30th January - 5th February 2012
- Monday – DCLG questions. Delegated Legislation Committee meeting regarding energy efficiency. Labour Environment Campaign meeting. Parliamentary Labour Party meeting.
- Tuesday – Standards and Privileges Select Committee and Energy and Climate Change Select Committee meetings. Association for the Conservation of Energy’s report on nuclear power launch. British Retail Consortium’s report launch entitled 'A better retailing climate: towards sustainable retail'. Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology & ECCC seminar regarding the costs of electricity power lines, e.g. undergrounding. Deputy PM’s questions.
- Wednesday – Westminster Hall Debate regarding the potential for micro combined heat and power. PMQs. Chairing Associate Parliamentary Sustainable Resource Group event regarding smart homes. Environmental Audit Select Committee meeting. Meeting with the Association for the Conservation of Energy regarding their ‘Dead CERT’ report. Local Government Association event.
- Thursday – Energy and Climate Change Select Committee briefing. Meeting with Arqiva regarding smart metering . Associate Parliamentary Sustainable Resource Group Advisory Board meeting. Telephone interview regarding loan sharks. Meeting with Scottish and Southern Electric regarding the Retail Market Review and Electricity Market Reform.
- Friday - Home visit to a disabled constituent. First constituency surgery of the month.
- Saturday – Second constituency surgery of the month.
What do you think about this story? Email Alan