25th April 2012
- Monday – Labour Party meeting regarding House of Lords reform. Introducing a joint Associate Parliamentary Renewable and Sustainable Energy Group – Greenpeace launch of a report regarding electricity market reform.
- Tuesday – Standards and Privileges Select Committee and Energy and Climate Change Select Committee meetings. Construction Products Association event. Treasury questions. Energy and Climate Change Select Committee meeting with Canadian parliamentarians. A joint Associate Parliamentary Renewable and Sustainable Energy Group – Ofgem lecture regarding retail market reform. Institute for Public Policy Research lecture by Malcolm Wicks entitled ‘Rights, Wrongs and Responsibilities: Citizenship and Social Policy’.
- Wednesday – Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation drop-in session regarding type one diabetes. Friends of the Earth launch of a report entitled ‘Planning for climate change – guidance and approaches for local authorities’. PMQs. Carers' Week event. Environmental Audit Select Committee meeting. Speaking at an Associate Parliamentary Renewable and Sustainable Energy Group seminar regarding fuel poverty.
- Thursday – Compass seminar entitled ‘Framing the Alternative: The politics of reforming capitalism’. DEFRA questions. Meeting with Stag Energy regarding their gas storage project under the Irish Sea. Meeting with First Utility regarding the Energy Company Obligation and smart meters. Meeting with Scottish and Southern Energy regarding electricity market reform.
- Friday – Post-refurbishment launch of NHS Blood and Transplant Donor Centre. Meeting with Labour Coxford councillors regarding casework. Fourth constituency surgery of the month. Meeting volunteers at Southampton Blackout, University of Southampton, who are switching off all non-essential electrical equipment to save energy.
- Saturday – Fifth constituency surgery of the month. Saints v Coventry City at home.
- Sunday - Meeting residents in Millbrook.
What do you think about this story? Email Alan