21st-27th March 2011
- Monday – Meeting with the Hampshire Police Authority regarding the closure of police stations. Interview with Oasis Academy Journalism GCSE pupils. Environmental Audit Select Committee meeting. Associate Parliamentary Sustainable Resource Group meeting. Briefing from Energy and Climate Change Select Committee staff. Parliamentary Labour Party meeting.
- Tuesday – Standards and Privileges Select Committee and Energy and Climate Change Select Committee meetings. Meeting with Kingspan regarding the Renewable Heat Initiative and the Micropower Council. E.ON drop in session regarding microgeneration. Cross party meeting regarding nuclear power. Public transport event. Delegated Legislation Committee on Draft Media Ownership. Joint All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) for Underground Space & APPG for Infrastructure event.
- Wednesday – BBC event for southern MPs. Meeting with Scottish and Southern Energy regarding the Electricity Market Reform. PMQs. Budget debate. All Party Parliamentary Balanced and Sustainable Communities Group meeting regarding houses in multiple occupation. Meeting with the Associate Parliamentary Renewable and Sustainable Energy Group Coordinator. Chairing Parliamentary Labour Party Energy and Climate Change Group meeting. All Party Parliamentary Group on Poland event.
- Thursday – Meeting regarding Southampton biomass proposals. Meeting with 2OC energy company. Meeting with European Metal Recycling regarding gasification facilities. Town and Country Planning Association briefing regarding locally driven growth, business investment and economic development. Speaking at an Association of Public Service Excellence Strategic Policy Forum: ‘Sustainability Opportunities for Local Government in Tough Times’.
- Friday – Meeting residents of Beechfield Court to discuss cuts to day centres for older people. Public meeting for Millbrook and Shirley residents.
What do you think about this story? Email Alan