22nd- 28th February 2009
- Monday- Meeting with Southampton City Council officers and councillors regarding the future of Lordshill. Meeting with GE Energy regarding Carbon Capture and Storage. Associate Parliamentary Renewable and Sustainable Energy Group meeting regarding the Committee of Inquiry Report. Launch of Ownergy.
- Tuesday- Standards and Privileges Select Committee meeting and Justice Select Committee meeting. Chairing a Joint Energy Saving Trust and Associate Parliamentary Renewable and Sustainable Energy Group roundtable discussion entitled ‘Building demand for low and zero carbon homes’.
- Wednesday- Energy and Climate Change Select Committee meeting. Final stages of the Energy Bill. PMQs. Chairing the launch of the Associate Parliamentary Sustainable Resource Group report on community incentives for waste infrastructure. Meeting with Natural England regarding the South East Coastal Project. Chairing a Joint Associate Parliamentary Renewable and Sustainable Energy Group and British Wind Energy Association seminar on the feed-in tariff.
- Thursday- Appearing on the ITV Meridian ‘Last Word’ Political Programme. Launch of Carbon Connect’s ‘Opportunities for the Commercialisation of Low Carbon Technologies’ report. Hampshire Search and Rescue training event at Itchen Valley Country Park.
- Friday- Trade union liaison meeting. Speaking about house building at a Bournemouth and District Fabian Society meeting.
- Saturday- Sixth constituency surgery of the month. Meeting residents in Shirley. Saints v Walsall at home.
- Sunday- Visit to the Gurdwara in Northbrook Road, Bevois. Meeting residents in Millbrook.
What do you think about this story? Email Alan