Find out what Alan is up to this week.
Monday 29th June - Sunday 5th July 2015
• Monday – Visit to Oakwood Primary School for Send my Friend to School campaign event regarding the lack of access to education for children in the developing world. Interview with University of St Andrew’s student regarding energy security. APP Green Deal Group AGM. Parliamentary Labour Party meeting. Energy & Utility Forum event.
• Tuesday – Industry and Parliament Trust meeting: ‘Smarter Energy? Reflections on Smart Meter Systems’. Committee on Climate Change's Progress Report to Parliament. Wessex Federation of Small Businesses meeting with MPs from Hampshire, the Isle of Wight and Dorset. Renewable Energy Association event: ‘Gasification and Pyrolysis’. APPG on Infrastructure meeting. APPG Maritime and Ports AGM. Energy Networks Association event.
• Wednesday – Co-operative Advantage launch. PMQs. APPG on HIV & AIDS event. Fuel Poverty and Energy Efficiency APPG meeting. BusinessGreen Leaders Awards.
• Thursday – Meeting with the Head of the Environment, Energy and Climate Change Section, Brazilian Embassy regarding the domestic and international agenda. Briefing regarding shore to ship power from Schneider Electric. Interview with an Imperial College student regarding energy storage.
• Friday – Speaking at the Action Mesothelioma Day 2015 in Southsea. First constituency advice surgery of the month.
• Saturday - Second constituency advice surgery of the month. National food collection for the Trussell Trust and FareShare at Tesco, Millbrook.